Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Glueck Has Legs

It must be a slow news day at the New York Sun, because their reporter, Leon Neyfakh, e-mailed me today, Fathers Day, at 1:30 p.m., asking to interview me that same afternoon about Grace Glueck's resignation from the Clark Art Institute. He said his story will run tomorrow (Monday).

My family had a blissfully computerless swimming-and-barbecue celebration, and I only just now had the amusement of seeing this reporter-interviews-reporter proposal in my inbox.

Lee could sully Leon's notebook with lots of reportorial conflict-of-interest dirt more mucky than Glueck's much publicized infractions, but I'm not in the habit of mudwrestling with colleagues. I prefer to beat those on my beat the old-fashioned way---through hardhitting, competitive journalism.

As for Glueck, I still feel that her detractors should give credit where credit is due.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?