Monday, May 29, 2006

 

The Grrl Returns

Yes, CultureGrrl groupies, I'm back.

Elgar was indeed played and my daughter did graduate Cornell, on the only gloriously sunny day of the weekend---a major accomplishment in famously weather-challenged Ithaca.

Between celebratory events, the incorrigible Grrl also managed to pop in on several worthwhile exhibitions on campus---at the I.M. Pei-designed Johnson Museum and at Olin Library.

There's a story here: how university museums often do a better job than traditional institutions in bringing their audiences into intimate contact with collections. More on Cornell, later in the week.

Speaking of The Grrl's groupies, I'm pleased to report that her fan-base is steadily expanding. Soon to come: the first CultureGrrl CD---75 irritating, uninterrupted minutes of kvetching. If you're one of my readers from Thailand, Korea, Japan, Australia or New Zealand (for real---my audience truly IS expanding), "kvetching" means "complaining and whining." And if you needed this translation, be sure to keep Leo Rosten's The Joys of Yiddish close at hand for future reference!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?